SELLING YOUR HOME - Home Information Packs
Every property being put on the market for sale has to have a Home Information Pack (HIP). This pack contains all the necessary legal documents which are required when homes are sold.
The required documents which must be included in each HIP are:
- An index (a list of the contents of the pack)
- An energy performance certificate (EPC) which is the assessment of your property’s energy efficiency rating carried out by a qualified domestic energy assessor
- A sales statement summarising the terms of the sale
- Evidence of title
- Standard searches (local authority search, drainage and water search)
- Where appropriate, leasehold information including a copy of the lease
- Other authorised documents can also be included such as a Home Condition Report (a brief survey on the property), guarantees and warranties or other searches.
Obtaining your HIP
As your local solicitor, we are able to prepare the HIP at a competitive rate and liaise with both you and your estate agent to deliver your HIP at the least possible inconvenience to you.
- Organise and prepare the pack on your behalf
- Instruct the domestic energy assessor to perform the assessment of your property’s energy efficiency at your convenience
- Order the required searches
- Provide a printed and electronic HIP to you and your estate agent
- Inform you of the cost of the HIP for your property and offer you a choice of payment options.
Click here to obtain an instant quote for your HIP. Link to quote form)
Return to list of factsheets.